Friday, July 19, 2013

The Basics

By Laura Bradford

I've been thinking a lot about parenting lately. Maybe some of that is because my oldest is getting ready to go off to college and a large portion of the hands-on part of my parenting (at least where she is concerned) is diminishing.

She either gets it at this point, or she doesn't,  you know?

Trust me, I'm still very active in her life. We talk, I know what's going on, and I guide as much as possible. But she knows manners by now, knows right from wrong, etc.

If I had to pinpoint one thing I feel was a critical component in my parenting, it was consistency.

How about you? What do you think is most important?

~Laura

2 comments:

  1. Not a parent, but I could play one on TV . . . to me, you have to be the parent, not the friend. Too many parents seem to wan to be frineds or almost "peers" to their kids and that's just dumb and irresponsible.

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.