Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Celebrity Crush

by Maria Geraci

Go ahead and admit it.

 You have a celebrity crush.

Not a crush as in, that guy is cute (I have those too! Mine would be Jesse Spencer from Chicago Fire). But if you're like most people you have some sort of fascination for someone in the limelight. Someone say, like, Princess Kate.

Yep. I'm a sucker for Kate and William. And now, add little George to the mix. I can't go by the checkout line at the grocery and NOT buy a magazine that has their picture on it.

I was never a big Princess Di fan. Nor am I an anglophile. I do admit to staying up years ago to watch Diana's wedding to Prince Charles, but I think half the nation did that and I was young and in college and it was kind of the thing to do. But any fascination I might have had with Diana slowly ebbed as it became apparent that her life was anything to be admired.

Not so with Kate. She seems to have it all. A somewhat handsome (if slightly toothy) husband who seems genuinely devoted to her, a loving family (normal parents and sister), a career, a good relationship with the mother-in-law, and a sensible head on her shoulders  Plus, she has great hair. What's not to love about her?

Please, Kate. Stay normal. The world needs more celebrity role models like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.