Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Reading Club

Do you remember the library programs where you earned points for every book read?  Of course, there’s always that kid who read the easy books, just to get the points. But for me, it was a matter of pride to expand my reading level, especially in the summer. All I wanted was a good story. And one that would keep me entertained so that my books wouldn’t run out before I got a ride back to town and the library.


Yes, I was also that geek kid who read the summer readings lists provided by the English departments in my schools. 

These days on Facebook, we can take quizzes on what books we’ve read.  Although we don’t get points towards prizes like mini pizzas. J

I’m doing a 50 book challenge this year on Goodreads.  So far, I’m 9 books behind schedule. But isn’t that what summer’s for? Stealing time to sit on the deck with your feet up and your nose in a book? My parents always said that like it was a bad thing.

For me, I’m focusing on a few cozy’s before I return to writing The Tourist Trap Mysteries in a few weeks. Then I’ll buzz through Robyn Carr’s Thunder Point and Virgin River series.

What are you reading this summer?

Lynn

Side Note – If you haven’t read GUIDEBOOK TO MURDER – A TOURIST TRAP MYSTERY, now’s a great time to pick up your digital copy.  From June 10-24th, Kensington is running a sale on GUIDEBOOK to get ready for the July 31st release of MISSION TO MURDER (available for pre-order now.)

$1.99 is a great price to try out a new cozy series. 

“Murder, dirty politics, pirate lore, and a hot police detective: Guidebook to Murder has it all! A cozy lover’s dream come true.” --Susan McBride, author of The Debutante Dropout Mysteries

1 comment:

  1. Actually, at Amazon - GUIDEBOOK is 99 cents.... http://www.amazon.com/Guidebook-Murder-Tourist-Trap-Mystery-ebook/dp/B00FY54N72

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.