Monday, July 21, 2014

San Antonio Bound....

Each summer, 2000 romance writers invade a different city, a different hotel chain.  This year, our annual get together is on the River Walk in San Antonio.

I've been to 2 Nat'ls. The last one being held in NYC. I loved the energy of being in the city. Since my friend and I stayed off site, we road the subway. Once I navigated it on my own and felt like Mary Tyler Moore in the opening credits when I emerged in the middle of Times Square, totally lost, but loving it.

This year, I've been invited to a dinner, two parties, and a lunch for one of my on line groups. And I'm having breakfast with my editor. The last time I went to a conference, I snuck into my one and only party as a plus one.
Stiletto Gang at NYC - me and Laura Bradford

But it's not all party time. I'll be signing at the Literary Signing and signing MISSION TO MURDER at the Kensington signing. Must order signed by author stickers.

And there's the workshops. And I'll have to hit a few of the signings and drag a new bunch of books home to share with my MIL. And see a few local sites, like the Alamo.
The Dakota

I'll be home soon, tired and back at the day job. But the memories from Nat'ls will bode me over until my next conference in October.

Lynn

11 days away from release date for the digital version of MISSION TO MURDER! Can't wait? Buy your paper copy here.


4 comments:

  1. Have a great time! (Photoshop me into some of your pix, okay?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love San Antonio! Also love conferences. This year I went to Left Coast Crime in Monterey and PSWA in Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, this will be my first stop in San Antonio. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.